13" Pro can't install Snow Leopard???

Gromet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
Hey there all,

Having the strangest issue with my 13" Pro. I upgraded the hard Drive to a WD Scorpio Blue 640Gig.

Froma a clean drive I booted up with retail Snow Leopard Disk. Install starts and about 10 minutes in, it fails.

I have been going crazy. I have tried 2 different retail Snow Leopard Disks, An ISO Image, My wife's 13" Pro reinstall Disks (Her's came with Snow Leopard). Creating a Flash Drive version of both the Restore Disks image, and a retail image. NOTHING WORKS! they all fail.

I tried my restore disks, and it went fine. So Right now I'm running 10.5.8 but can not upgrade to Snow Leopard. It Fails every time???

Anyone have any thoughts????

Thanks in advance.

Gromet

Gromet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
I Just put a BRAND NEW, Out of the box hard drive in. WD Scorpio blue 500Gig. SAME THING... Snow Leopard will not install on this machine???

WTF!!!!

cderalow: So your telling me you cannot upgrade the hard drive in your macbook anymore? that can't be right....?

Gromet

Comment

enderello

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2009
If possible, try doing it again and posting the log here. Not just the error messages but the complete log. I kept interrupting the SL install on my MBA after I thought the computer was freezing at 30% install only to find out later (after paying close attention to the log) that it was chugging away writing files.

Comment

rockstarjoe

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2006
washington dc
Did you format the drive first, and make sure you click options > GUID Partition table? I am using a 640GB scorpio blue in my 2006 macbook and had no problems doing a clean install of SL...

Comment

enderello

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2009
You may wanna try booting it from your wife's 13" pro's HDD and see how it runs.
Since you have the same computer why not do the complete install on her machine and then transfer the hard drive to your computer.

This may help you find out what the heck is wrong with your 13" pro. Maybe the cable to the hard drive is faulty. Maybe you have faulty RAM. Maybe your super drive has an issue.

Just trying to help you rule out components.

Comment

Paulg2uk

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
I had a similar problem last week on my 15" macbook pro. It turned out the 500gb seagate drive I put in 6 months ago had become corrupted. I tried installing snow leopard from a fresh install but it came up failed after 10 mins. I just put my stock 320gb drive back and did a clean install worked fine. As for the drive its completely useless now, I'm gonna wait till the new 1TB western digital drives come out and use one of those.

I was gonna say did you format the new drive? It might be faulty? If u can try it on another system that will help then you know its not the macbook pro. I'd take it back and get another one.

Hope that helps

Hey there all,

Having the strangest issue with my 13" Pro. I upgraded the hard Drive to a WD Scorpio Blue 640Gig.

Froma a clean drive I booted up with retail Snow Leopard Disk. Install starts and about 10 minutes in, it fails.

I have been going crazy. I have tried 2 different retail Snow Leopard Disks, An ISO Image, My wife's 13" Pro reinstall Disks (Her's came with Snow Leopard). Creating a Flash Drive version of both the Restore Disks image, and a retail image. NOTHING WORKS! they all fail.

I tried my restore disks, and it went fine. So Right now I'm running 10.5.8 but can not upgrade to Snow Leopard. It Fails every time???

Anyone have any thoughts????

Thanks in advance.

Gromet

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.