13" pro vs 15" pro which one?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by RyanTheGeneral, Sep 18, 2009.

1. RyanTheGeneral macrumors regular

ok.. so first thanks to the people who helped with my mbp or imac and why thread.. I am 99% sure Im starting out with the MBP.. now I was wondering what you guys thought about the 13" vs the 15" MBP.. are the difference that noticeable in the two different versions? From my time playing with them in the apple store it seems at first glance the only real difference in the screen size. What are some things I should know about the 2? battery life etc..?

and would I be able to hook it up to a 42" dynex tv? just curious.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

What do you do with your computer? If you play games or do other GPU sufficient stuff, 2.66GHz 15" MBK is your best choice. Screen size is the only real difference between 13" and low-end 15"

3. RyanTheGeneral thread starter macrumors regular

Not much of a computer gamer I got enough systems for that. I just want something reliable and with a good speed that will last for a couple of years. I'm thinking bout gettin a monitor for it as well for when I'm sitting in my room. I want to make sure it can hook up to my tv

4. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

I say, if you're going to hook it up to a tv anyways, the 2-inch difference shouldn't matter. I would go with the 13 inch screen.

5. bcburrows macrumors 6502

bcburrows

I agree

I got the uMBP 2.66 (expresscard slot) and to be honest wish I had of gone with a MBA and ACD now

I think unless you are really going to push your machine 13inch + screen