13" refresh when 12" hits?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by AndyK, Feb 6, 2015.

1. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

Do we think the 13" Air will get refreshed when the 12" Retina comes or it would be closer to summer / sometime after WWDC?

2. Stocks macrumors member

I thought the point of the 12" was to take over for both sizes? Would they really make 2 laptops only 1" different in size?

3. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

It's really all just speculation and rumor at this point. It is possible that there could be a 12" MBA that is the same size as the MBA 11" with smaller bezels. and the 13" upgraded to a retina display. There's a significant size difference between the 11" and 13" and a need for both sizes.

As I have been suggesting to folks, if you're looking for a MBA in the near future, get your cash/credit card ready so you'll be in a position to buy the new models if they fit your needs, or buy the current one.

4. motrek macrumors 68020

I assume the only thing that would change if Apple refreshed the 13" is a switch from Haswell to Broadwell CPUs. That wouldn't really give you any significant gains in terms of performance or battery life, so probably not worth worrying about.

5. newellj macrumors 601

There haven't been any rumors of a 13" refresh coming. That doesn't mean it won't happen, but it would be a genuine surprise.