13" Retina display MacbookPro: Oct12 or Feb13

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EmilyA, Apr 21, 2013.

1. EmilyA macrumors newbie

I'm trying to decide between the October and Feb versions of the 13" Macbook pro, and I'm having trouble finding out if what was updated between the two with the slower (2.5 or 2.6 GHz) processor. Is that the only thing that was updated between the two versions, or is there some other significant difference that I'm not seeing listed in the specs?
    Thanks!

2. Hyuga macrumors regular

It's CPU speed update, also some ~50MHz increase to GPU (HD4000) clocks. I believe upgrade was due Intel stop producing earlier models from Ivy Bridge, thus Apple was forced to update processors to newer model.

3. RoastingPig macrumors 68000

RoastingPig

get wichever is cheaper not much of a differance

4. vatter69 macrumors 6502a

vatter69

I guess resale value is better for Early 2013 than Late 2012 models. Doesn't make much sense i know, but i could imagine in 2-3 years that will give you another 50-100 bucks.

5. EmilyA thread starter macrumors newbie

Great. I'll be going with the cheaper Fall 2012 version, since that will save me significant amounts of money, and I keep one computer back as a backup (I need a functioning computer for work, so the earliest I'd be selling the retina Macbook is sometime around 2020, when I doubt either one will be getting much on resale value.) Thanks!

6. nealh macrumors 6502

Look at Apple refurbs. I just got a 13in rMBP 2.9ghz with 512gb SSD for $1779.
    The laptop looks new new and was nearly fully charged(99%) with only 2 cycles on the battery. I have had for 4 days. I have not even picked up my iPad3.

It came with Mountain Lion 10.8.3. It scrolls smoothly and I love it.

The price was perfect, basically $80 more than the new 2.6/256 and you get i7 dual core and 256gb more SSD.

I also bought AppleCare as any laptop that everything is sodered in, makes me worried as any DIY repair will be impossible. 2 more years have peace of mind.

This is my cents. The retina screen on the 13in is amazing. I do not game on a laptop, so the graphics processor just needs to be smooth for more basic tasks and it works great.

7. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I got the 13" rMBP yesterday and I'm very impressed. I'd had lots of Apple laptops and this is my favorite so far. Great screen, speed, and perfect (for me) form factor.