13" Retina Macbook with WoW?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dykstra, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Dykstra macrumors newbie

Hey, so I ordered a 13" Macbook Pro Retina, but I was wondering if it's weaker that the 13" Macbook Pro vanilla for gaming? I haven't saw any relevant comparisons on this, but specifically the game I had in mind is World of Warcraft, where I saw a video of a guy playing WoW just fine on the Vanilla. I'm worried that the screen may put too much strain on the graphics chip.

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

Technically speaking it will put more, but it will probably be an insignificant difference.

What will have the biggest effect is the fact you'll be playing with integrated graphics.

3. tomtakesphotos macrumors newbie

Just turn down the resolution, there's no need to play wow in retina resolution. That should get you to 30fps or so

4. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

Does your computer have processing power greater to or equal than a Braun two-slice toaster? If so, you can run WoW. :)

Seriously, it'll be fine. Just turn off shadows and turn down particle effects and projected textures. Maybe knock the resolution down a bit.

5. Stetrain macrumors 68040

If you run it at the non-retina's resolution (1280x800) performance should be identical.

6. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

WoW can't be maxed out at Retina resolution on the rMBP 15" in OS X, so I would not underestimate WoW for Mac's.

7. vatter69 macrumors 6502a

vatter69

For WoW you need 4 slice power or it will stutter.