13 rMBP cancel order?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MyAppleWorld, Nov 14, 2013.

1. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

Hello

At the moment in the UK, 13" rMBP is showing 3-5 days despatch - delivery 25th-27th Nov.

If I place an order, how late can I cancel it?

I've just got my hands on a MBA and I am so torn about rMBP that I'm considering ordering a rMBP as a safety net if I'm unhappy with the Air and then I can return the Air just as the rMBP arrives. I might be happy with the air and just cancel the order for rMBP - But at what point is the order no longer able to be cancelled?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Why not just wait and try them side by side? You have the option to return within 14 days anyway.

3. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

Is this something people do? Cos people think I'm kinda strange even thinking about it...

4. ~Achilles~ macrumors member

Ideally, dont take advantage of the lenient returns policy if you dont absolutely need to. The store has plenty of demo models to test

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, most people look at the in the store and make a purchase decision based on that. I'd personally not buy two and then return one, doesn't seem right to me, but that's just me.

6. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

Think I should have looked in the store a bit more. I have gone from cMBP 13 to MBA 13 and the screen just isn't as good

7. Kevclark1985 macrumors member

Just got my 13" rMBP, screen is amazing. Personally I would swap the MBA for a rMBP. You won't regret it. It's still very slim and light, only downside is not quite as good battery life (but still very good) but the pro's outweigh this con significantly in my eyes.

Another downside at the moment though is the delivery time, I order mine last week (I'm in UK) and it got dispatched same day but came from China and took a week. I think at present it can be up to two weeks as now taking 3-5 days for dispatch.

8. OSMac macrumors 65816

I'd highly recommend the rMBP over the Air for the screen.

After using the rMBP for a week or so, the old air looks pixelated.

9. kamz87 macrumors newbie

10. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

yes shipping times are ridiculous for stock items - when i could walk into pcworld and pick one up immediately!

11. Kevclark1985 macrumors member

Reason I couldn't is I get education discount and 3 years applecare. Makes it totally worth the wait!

12. mac8867 macrumors 6502

I always buy two or three different options and evaluate, then return. Especially when I am buying a house --- I buy 4 or 5, live in each for a week and then return the ones I don't want.

13. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I do that too but with companies.
    I bought yours last week........
    Hate to tell you but you've been slacking.
    :p