13" rMBP + Dell UltraSharp U2410

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by syd430, Mar 15, 2013.

1. syd430, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013

syd430 Guest

Which type on connection will allow me to avoid the fuzzy text issues others have been experiencing the retina MBP and Dell UltraSharp monitors? Looking around at the various threads here and elsewhere, I cant seem to find a definite solution to this particular combination (most threads are about the 15" rMBP).

Will a straight HDMI connection do? Will I need to use DVI/thunderbolt?

Edit: Specifically with the retina macbook pro and Dell U2410 (1920x1200) or other dell ultrasharp

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

If the monitor supports HDMI, then yes.

Do note however, that depending on the make and model of your HDMI cord, some only support up to certain resolutions (and of course, the monitor itself do too).

3. syd430 Guest

It seems like HDMI is a no go based on these threads here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4029761?start=0&tstart=0
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1390034

Are you speaking from experience? or did you mention HDMI just because the monitor has the necessary port?

4. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

I have an UtraSharp 2407WFP and the Apple mDP-DVI adapter works fine while I'm having trouble with a HDMI-HDMI cable.

With HDMI, I just lose connection (all blue screen) for a couple seconds every 5 minutes or so which is just too annoying to be usable. Sometimes the monitor will also display some moving multicolored noise and when that happens it takes a while for it to go back to a normal signal.

The 2407WFP is part of an older series of UltraSharp monitors though so I don't know if it's reprensentative of newer models.

5. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

6. syd430 Guest

hmm.. No has a rMBP and Dell ultra sharp with no issues?