Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Totte1993

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2015
I just switched from my old early 2011 15" MBP to a 13" rMBP, early 2015 model with the force touch trackpad. Everything's great with the laptop- except the keyboard seems a lot less responsive than my old one. Im used to just brushing the eye as i type and it being enough for each key to respond, however on the new one i'm finding myself irritated with a lack of responsiveness from the keys. I mean each one depresses and registers, it just seems significantly less easy than before and it's frustrating. I haven't noticed anyone else posting about this, is it just me/do you think the keyboard will become less resistant over time?

Thanks

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I recently sold a late 2013 13" rMBP and bought a 2015 13" rMBP. The keyboards are the same - if yours feels stiff or unresponsive, possibly a trip to an Apple retailer would be useful so you can compare your keyboard to other similar keyboards. It's possible there's a problem with your specific computer.

Falcon9

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2015
Eastern Canada
My keyboard is very responsive on my rMBP (early 2015 model). No complaints here. I did notice that the keys have less travel then on the keyboard for my iMac, which took a bit of getting used to, but I now prefer it that way.

Mr. Buzzcut

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2011
Ohio
What do you mean you are used to just brushing the key? It should not register unless you press it. Maybe the old one was defective. I have the same model as you and there is a distinct difference from my older MBP and also my iMac. There is less travel and less feedback. I'm not a fan but it works fine. I hope to get used to it but I may have to get rid of the other Macs to do so!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.