13" rMBP early 2015 Keyboard issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Totte1993, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Totte1993 macrumors newbie

I just switched from my old early 2011 15" MBP to a 13" rMBP, early 2015 model with the force touch trackpad. Everything's great with the laptop- except the keyboard seems a lot less responsive than my old one. Im used to just brushing the eye as i type and it being enough for each key to respond, however on the new one i'm finding myself irritated with a lack of responsiveness from the keys. I mean each one depresses and registers, it just seems significantly less easy than before and it's frustrating. I haven't noticed anyone else posting about this, is it just me/do you think the keyboard will become less resistant over time?

Thanks

2. newellj macrumors 601

I recently sold a late 2013 13" rMBP and bought a 2015 13" rMBP. The keyboards are the same - if yours feels stiff or unresponsive, possibly a trip to an Apple retailer would be useful so you can compare your keyboard to other similar keyboards. It's possible there's a problem with your specific computer.

3. yukyuklee macrumors 6502

yukyuklee

went from a 2012 macbook air to the 2015 13" rMBP as well and the keyboard is the same

4. Falcon9 macrumors member

Falcon9

My keyboard is very responsive on my rMBP (early 2015 model). No complaints here. I did notice that the keys have less travel then on the keyboard for my iMac, which took a bit of getting used to, but I now prefer it that way.

5. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

What do you mean you are used to just brushing the key? It should not register unless you press it. Maybe the old one was defective. I have the same model as you and there is a distinct difference from my older MBP and also my iMac. There is less travel and less feedback. I'm not a fan but it works fine. I hope to get used to it but I may have to get rid of the other Macs to do so!