13 rMBP resolution with external

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Arkados, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Arkados macrumors regular

So I just purchased the middle 13in MBP two days ago. Absolutely love it. But when I use my external monitor. (720p resolution) and use my MBP as a 2nd monitor these grey boxes show up and flicker. Just when I hook it up to my TV. Is it due to the face that they are both at 2 different resolutions? Not a big deal because my tv is at a height where It kills my neck staring at it for too long.

2. DayVe3000 macrumors member

The machine should handle two different resolutions just fine.

When you have your external display active - do you change which screen is the primary display? Sorry - hard to understand from what you said.

3. Arkados thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry I tried to take a screenshot but the areas that were effected would go away and my phone did don't take very good pictures. For example, I have my external monitor selected, I open Chrome and move it to my laptop screen. I leave it there for a few seconds and then move it back. There are white and grey rectangles, normally at the very bottom edge of the screen. It isn't an image retention issue because if I put a window over it they go away. Could it be due to the quality of my HDMI cable?