13" rMBP unable to updrade to 10.8.2

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gcab6624, Oct 24, 2012.

1. gcab6624 macrumors newbie

I picked up the new 13" rMBP yesterday in Sydney. It's already back at the Genius bar. The app store doesn't recognise that an update to OSX is required (it came with 10.8.1). The manual download of the 10.8.2 upgrade won't install because the 'hard disk does not have the correct requirements'. :(

According to the Genius bar, it doesn't have the correct build for the machine. He's not even sure if there is a build for the 13 rMBP yet.

This strikes me as something Microsoft might do. I am baffled as to how you can release and sell a product without having the latest OS software available on it.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or is it just my laptop!?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. gcab6624 thread starter macrumors newbie

10.8.2 was released in mid September and and a supplemental release in early October. I'm amazed the new 13 rMBP has shipped with 10.8.1 still on it. Not happy

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

5. dehory macrumors regular

6. gcab6624 thread starter macrumors newbie

bastards! mine definitely didn't come pre-loaded with 10.8.2 and, as I said, I'm amazed it shipped with the version that's a month out of date. This may not end well for the Sydney store!

7. scarred macrumors 6502a

Maybe you are more patient than me, I would have just done an internet recovery and downloaded the latest version. I guess it makes sense to make apple fix it, though. I wonder what mine will have when it arrives next week...

8. gcab6624 thread starter macrumors newbie

I couldn't get any of the fixes suggested on the net to work. Not even the 'genius' to get it to work when I took it in this morning. My patience is wearing thinner by the minute.

9. gcab6624 thread starter macrumors newbie

They hadn't managed to resolve the issue after 5 hours

Solution: I demand and receive a brand new one, still shrink wrapped in the box. Let's hope this one works properly!

10. Cuesca macrumors newbie

Cuesca

Honestly, I wouldn't return it just because of a software problem. Eventually it will be fixed, I hope you at least checked if you had an LG or Samsung; you might have accidentally traded in a Samsung for an LG screen.

11. gcab6624 thread starter macrumors newbie

To be honest, I don't care who made the screen. I want the laptop to work out of the box. There was definitely something more than just a software problem with the first one. If it has problems within 12 hours, it's a lemon.

12. Cuesca macrumors newbie

Cuesca

You don't seem to understand, LG screen has a very high failure rate. I would rather have a million software issues to one defective screen.

13. Maczor macrumors regular

14. cstm macrumors regular

why would you want 10.8.2? At least on 15 inch rmbp it brought huge issues. I wish I could go back to 10.8.1. Or maybe it was the efi update. I'm not surprised apple doesn't let you upgrade to it.

15. kittiyut macrumors regular

kittiyut

Mind elaborating what those issues are?

16. cstm macrumors regular