13" Speck See Thru Case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hanurk, Jun 15, 2009.

1. hanurk macrumors member

I'm interested in buying the speck see thru case so that I can slide it easily into my incase sleeve. I've heard the see thru satin is a bit harder to use with the incase, but then I've heard some bad reviews about the see thru that it will scratch up the macbook itself and that it causes bigger heat issues. Can anyone validate this or give me their opinions?

2. lixuelai macrumors 6502a

The See-Thru itself does not scratch the case (plastic vs aluminum lol). However dirt can get into it and scratch the casing. This is usually a problem if your bag is dirty. I use an inCase sleeve over the case to prevent that.

3. Ov3rlord Falc0r macrumors regular

I had the see-thru case for 3 days and didn't like it. I ended up returning it and switching it for the satin version which, IMO, is significantly better than the see-thru. The see-thru is straight plastic so it got scratched all over in just the 3 days I used it. I prefer the look and the feel of the satin model more. It has a slightly softer. The only downside is that the satin shows fingerprints more, but the cloth that comes with the case takes care of that pretty well.

Anyways, thats my 2 cents...

4. hanurk thread starter macrumors member

I enjoy the feel of the satin as well, but i don't want to have to deal with the hassle of trying to push it into the incase sleeve and prying it out rather then just sliding it in with the see thru crystal. Has anyone with the satin and the incase sleeve gone through the same hassles? How have your experiences been?