13" UMBP or 15" UMBP from 2.33 mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BigJohno, Jun 11, 2009.

1. BigJohno macrumors 65816

I bought my macbook pro in early 2007. Just recently, I have the chance to upgrade to the uni body version. I'm torn between the 13" and the 15" with the extra video card. I'm in college and do quite a bit of photo editing. I have a 30" ACD that I edit on. Will the little mac have enough power for that? Should I fork out the extra money for the 15"? Thanks for the help.

2. lixuelai macrumors 6502a

I think you will be fine with the 13". The 13" will be faster in every aspect.

The bigger concern is whether the 13" will play nice with the Dual Link DVI adapter. Heard too many horror stories about it, hopefully they fixed it in the new MBPs.

3. BigJohno thread starter macrumors 65816

But the video performance on photoshop would be faster or about equal to my current computer?

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Unless you're really pushing your current machine I wouldn't upgrade just yet, unless you are upgrading to at least the 2.8GHz model. My previous computer was a 2.33GHz MacBook Pro and I notice very little difference in speed (except graphics-intensive applications) between my old and new computers. I don't think you'll notice much either unless you go for a much higher-clocked model, or can appreciate some of the other advantages such as the battery life that the new models offer.