13" vs 15" (are the two cores missing?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nochnia, Oct 28, 2016.

1. nochnia macrumors member

I'm thinking about getting the new 13" rMBP incl Touch, but I'm not sure if the processing power is enough. Most of the time I only do office stuff, surfing (a lot of tabs in chrome) and photoshop, lightroom from time to time.

I like my old 15" rMBP (mid 2012) maxed out i7 2,6 GHz and I'm not sure if the power will be better with the new machine or if I'll regret the two missing cores?!? For most of my Photo, Video work I'll use my desktop (6core) machine at home anyway.

I'm thinking about an 13" instead of an 15" because I like to use the Macbook also a lot in meetings and on the road...

2. Howard2k macrumors 6502a

Howard2k

I do office and amateur photo stuff on my dual core 13" and it performs admirably. Sure, faster is faster, but if I was buying today I'd be opting for the i5 again.

3. jerryk macrumors 68030

If you think you might want to do some of the do more of the photo and video work on the laptop consider the 15" quad core. I went from the 13 to the 15 and for that sort of work the difference is noticable.

4. killawat macrumors 65816

My dual core mac from 6 (six) years ago years ago could handle that. You'll be fine with either.