13 vs 15 hi res for basic user.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mbp2011, Mar 15, 2011.

1. mbp2011 macrumors newbie

I basically only do excel/word, surf the web and watch movies on my computer and now i'm in the progress to chose between 13" or 15" hi res.

What do you suggest? Is the text to small when you surf the internet on 15" hi res? Right now i got an external monitor (22" 1680*1050) but i'm looking to get rid of it and use MBP as my only computer.

I spent quite alot of time in front of the computer if that matters.

2. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

Only you can decide whether the text would be too small or not on the high res, but if your needs are basic i'm sure the standard 13 inch would be more than enough for your needs.

3. davegoody macrumors 6502

davegoody

You can CHANGE Text Size

Even if you have an ULTRA High Resolution screen, you can still change font size easily when browsing. In FireFox, you can go to VIEW and ZOOM, change the size of the text and / or images. In Safari, it is the same, go to VIEW and then ZOOM IN / ZOOM OUT. When OSX Lion comes out it will support Resolution Independence so that you will have systemwide control over this sort of thing.

4. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

If it's going to be you're only system, and looking for no external monitor [i.e. the minimalist approach] AND you have the cash; go for the 15" Hi-Res. Weight is not much more, and it's a killer machine. I have the 13", but did it for cash reasons, and I have an external monitor I don't mind having on my desk. However, if I had the extra $$, I would have gone the 15"/HiRes option.

5. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

For your computer power needs a 13" MBP is fine, but I totally understand the screen real estate issue.

I am happy with my current 13" MB + 24" LCD. I will be buying a new MBP in the coming weeks and will have to make the same decision. I will always be using the 24" LCD, it's just for those times when away from the LCD, will the 13" MBP have a high enough resolution to satisfy me? … That's the question for me right now.

If I had the cash, I would go for the 15" Hi Res.

6. Jayrcee macrumors regular

Jayrcee