13 vs 15 inch retina ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by frow3n, Oct 23, 2013.

1. frow3n macrumors member

Hi guys,

I'm going to be getting a retina macbook pro this week and I'm wondering if you guys can help me decide which one to get!

There's the 13inch which has better battery life and is cheaper but the 15 inch has 16gb RAM.
    The macs will be used for Logic Pro X partnered with Komplete 9... so yes a lot of VSTs
    Does anyone know if there is still the scaling issue on the 13inch retina with Logic Pro X or has it been fixed?

All replies are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

I ordered my 13" with 16GB RAM

3. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

Are you going to be moving around a lot? If so, go for the 13"... The only thing with the 13" is the dual core chip, not the quad core... (The dual core has 4 threads making it behave like a quad core machine and the quad core has eight).

You can spec the MacBook Pros up using the online store which is useful and if you wanted a faster i7 processor you could add it there too.

Its really up to whether you want to carry it around and whether you feel that extra screen space would be useful.

P.S The Scaling issue has been fixed (if I remember correctly)

4. frow3n thread starter macrumors member

the scaling issue is the thing that is making hover between the two so I hope its been fixed :)

----------

But I'm not completely sure whether the extra screen size beats portability :confused:

5. frow3n thread starter macrumors member

On the RAM side of things surely Mavericks would scale 8gb up to 10gb?