1327$ Refurb from Amazon.com has anyone every bought one

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by swick2345, May 8, 2008.

1. swick2345 macrumors newbie

I am looking into a refurb laptop from amazon.com Its only 1327$ and its a macbook pro. Has anyone every bought a computer from amazon refurb. Or anything from amazon refurb? and how was it?

2. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I haven't, but I'd also like to hear from someone who has. I talked to Amazon support and they said the refurbished computers didn't come with a one year warranty for Apple, which is a deal killer for me, but I'm not convinced that they knew what they were talking about...

$1327 for a macbook pro is a pretty sweet deal though. With the 30 day return policy it might be worth a shot regardless...

3. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

The real question is: Is it an official Apple Certified Reconditioned Product, or just a third-party refurb? If it's an Apple Certified refurb, it will have the warranty and be eligible for Applecare just like a new product. In fact, you won't be able to tell the difference between it and a new unit. And chances are any flaws, quirks or bugs in it have been eliminated, making the likelihood that it's actually less likely to have problems than a "new" one, IMO.

So, having said that, I'd recommend spending an additional $122 and buying it direct from Apple.com.

4. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

I thought the only refurbs that were honored by Apple are the ones that come directly from Apple.

5. Kaupa macrumors regular

Well, my refurb has a new screen and left fan and will get a new keyboard and logicboard.
    And, it is not handled like a new one as warranty is concerned. They wont change the whole book, just repair again and again!

6. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I'd say just get a refurb only directly from apple.

7. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

$122 plus tax, which is an additional $75 (Maryland) or $150 (Chicago) or whatever else. Not trivial.