Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pspmanny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
I was wondering if anybody knew of a good bag or case for my new macbookpro 13" and enough room to fit my ipad, mouse, and powersupply. Ive been looking around and its hard to shop online because the pictures don't show enough. The apple store in the palisades mall had only 1 choice that would fit everything. So if any body has some suggestions please post a link.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
Tom Bihn 'Cadet'
http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0740
High quality, EXCELLENT organization, made in America.

If you're into backpacks check out the 'Synapse' by Tom Bihn, looks excellent in black
http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/100/TB0110

I own both the 11" Cadet and the Synapse, instantly they're my favorite bags. I looked at Tom Bihn bags for a long time ... wasn't sure they were worth the money, now that I've got some miles on them I'm happy to say they're well worth it, the design is so well thought out and the quality high.

Mojo1

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2011
Of all the suggestions so far Tom Bihn is top of the heap quality-wise. You get what you pay for... When I saw a Timbuktu bag in person I was not impressed with the quality of its construction.

Fortunately, both options have liberal return policies. Me? I'm saving my pennies for a couple of Tom Bihn bags...

camardelle

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2011
Texas
Not being someone who travels with a computer much it's difficult to imagine paying that much for "luggage". I can see the advantages to having a case that will protect my investment.

And I don't envy those who travel for business. What a pain that must be.

King Luis

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
i had an incase bag for awhile. grew tired of the stiffness of the material. the bag seemed to always be the same size and never compress. frustrating when on a plane, etc.

i got a dakine mission pack that was able to hold a laptop and ipad and anything else i needed. since i go skiing often, it had convenient compartments for goggles, glasses, etc. when i go on weekend trips, i can fit my macbook, ipad, all required accessories and some clothes. it would be very full but when it's holding just an ipad and/or a macbook, the bag would be very small unlike the incase.

just a thought to consider.

techfest

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2012
i had an incase bag for awhile. grew tired of the stiffness of the material. the bag seemed to always be the same size and never compress. frustrating when on a plane, etc.

i got a dakine mission pack that was able to hold a laptop and ipad and anything else i needed. since i go skiing often, it had convenient compartments for goggles, glasses, etc. when i go on weekend trips, i can fit my macbook, ipad, all required accessories and some clothes. it would be very full but when it's holding just an ipad and/or a macbook, the bag would be very small unlike the incase.

just a thought to consider.

its nylon whated u expect. unless u got the canvas one. was it a messanger bag?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
you might have to limit your search Macbook Bags for the description to say "room for iPad" if your just looking at laptop bags than it might be harder to find a description that lets you feel confident an iPad would fit in one of the compartments

Zumino

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2011

Yeah, I have one of the compact backpacks (what can I say, I recognized that I really don't need a giant backpack 99% of the time).

It has a pocket specifically ment for the iPad (and it's on the outside of the foam-lined macbook pocket, so somewhat protected.

I don't actually have an iPad, so I can't comment on it's actual use, but one of the reasons I liked the bag was that pocket should I ever breakdown and get an iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.