Macbook pro bag (case) that also holds an ipad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pspmanny, Feb 22, 2012.

1. pspmanny macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anybody knew of a good bag or case for my new macbookpro 13" and enough room to fit my ipad, mouse, and powersupply. Ive been looking around and its hard to shop online because the pictures don't show enough. The apple store in the palisades mall had only 1 choice that would fit everything. So if any body has some suggestions please post a link.

2. techfest macrumors member

3. ljones macrumors regular

I went with incase as well. Seems good so far. Numerous flights and the daily haul to work.

4. jmoore5196 macrumors 6502a

jmoore5196

I can highly recommend the Tucano One Bag ... if you can find it in the right size. Great value, well made and worth the money.

5. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Tom Bihn 'Cadet'
    http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0740
    High quality, EXCELLENT organization, made in America.

If you're into backpacks check out the 'Synapse' by Tom Bihn, looks excellent in black
    http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/100/TB0110

I own both the 11" Cadet and the Synapse, instantly they're my favorite bags. I looked at Tom Bihn bags for a long time ... wasn't sure they were worth the money, now that I've got some miles on them I'm happy to say they're well worth it, the design is so well thought out and the quality high.

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I like Timbuk2 brand because it uses a TPU lining and it has a lot of compartments.

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/control-laptop-case

Best Buy has them in their stores if you want to look at the quality. You can also go with a messenger bag. I have several of them that I have multiple uses. Camping, overnight bag, beer toting, etc.

7. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

Of all the suggestions so far Tom Bihn is top of the heap quality-wise. You get what you pay for... When I saw a Timbuktu bag in person I was not impressed with the quality of its construction.

Fortunately, both options have liberal return policies. Me? I'm saving my pennies for a couple of Tom Bihn bags...

8. camardelle macrumors 6502

Not being someone who travels with a computer much it's difficult to imagine paying that much for "luggage". I can see the advantages to having a case that will protect my investment.

And I don't envy those who travel for business. What a pain that must be.

9. King Luis macrumors 6502

i had an incase bag for awhile. grew tired of the stiffness of the material. the bag seemed to always be the same size and never compress. frustrating when on a plane, etc.

i got a dakine mission pack that was able to hold a laptop and ipad and anything else i needed. since i go skiing often, it had convenient compartments for goggles, glasses, etc. when i go on weekend trips, i can fit my macbook, ipad, all required accessories and some clothes. it would be very full but when it's holding just an ipad and/or a macbook, the bag would be very small unlike the incase.

just a thought to consider.

10. techfest macrumors member

its nylon whated u expect. unless u got the canvas one. was it a messanger bag?

11. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

you might have to limit your search Macbook Bags for the description to say "room for iPad" if your just looking at laptop bags than it might be harder to find a description that lets you feel confident an iPad would fit in one of the compartments

12. Zumino macrumors newbie

Yeah, I have one of the compact backpacks (what can I say, I recognized that I really don't need a giant backpack 99% of the time).

It has a pocket specifically ment for the iPad (and it's on the outside of the foam-lined macbook pocket, so somewhat protected.

I don't actually have an iPad, so I can't comment on it's actual use, but one of the reasons I liked the bag was that pocket should I ever breakdown and get an iPad.