Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caseyh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
I'd really gotten used to using the +1 button on the news posts on macrumors. While I personally have invested heavily in Google+, I understand I might be in the minority, but I still really miss having that option now that you seem to have rolled out a multi-share button from po.st.

On a different but related note, it seems kind of shady that the po.st [Share] button looks remarkably like the Pinterest logo. So much so that I thought it was but then decided to look closer into it because it was blue instead of red. It's misleading and even though MacRumors has nothing to do with that, it tarnishes the image of the sight in my opinion.

So, what I'd ask is that you move away from that po.st tool. I don't trust it and I won't use it. A similar tool from another company (that supports g+) would be better, but I'd really just like to have my +1 button back, even if it's there beside the facebook and twitter buttons.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
So, what I'd ask is that you move away from that po.st tool. I don't trust it and I won't use it. A similar tool from another company (that supports g+) would be better, but I'd really just like to have my +1 button back, even if it's there beside the facebook and twitter buttons.

Hey,

We're just trying po.st for now to see. I added back the Google plus buttons on the article pages.

arn

dchavez

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2012
Hi,

I'm Doug from RadiumOne, the creators of Po.st. We noticed your feedback and thought we would respond. User and publisher feedback is very important to us.

Radiumone and Po.st are innovators in the digital media industry and our team are some of the people behind two well respected companies such as ClickAgents (acquired by ValueClick) and BlueLithium (acquired by Yahoo!). We are focused on building best-in-class solutions for consumers and publishers.

I was on the team that designed the Po.st logo and any similarity to Pinterest is a coincidence. Our "P" is styled completely different. And our service is quite different from Pinterest.

Your feedback about being "shady" in bit perplexing. Po.st is working with great partners like MacRumors, and many other high-quality publishers that have vetted our service offering. We are a newer service and appreciate your feedback but think the "shady" comment is unjustified.

Best regards,

Doug Chavez
VP, Marketing Radiumone

Apple Key

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2012
I completely understand that the services are very different, however the logos are way too similar. So much so, that I also thought it was the Pinterest logo. It is much more difficult to discern at smaller sizes.

Also, in the latest version of Safari the alignment is off for me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-03-13 at 8.30.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-03-13 at 8.30.57 AM.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 357

Apple Key

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2012
I'm running the latest version of Safari and all is aligned for me. Empty you cache and/or reset Safari and all should come right.

Ah, you are right - cleared cache and all is good. Sorry, I thought I'd already tried that. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.