Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danthesaxman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
With the imminent release and announcement of the updated 2012 model of the MacBook coming at the WWDC next week, how long after the WWDC should we expect to see the MacBooks available on the market?

Dan

henry72

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand
My guess would be pre-order available after WWDC and begin to ship by the end of June. I'm thinking whether they will preinstall Mountain Lion or a free update afterwards :confused:

I'm hoping the new MacBook Pro will be preinstalled with Mountain Lion :D

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Apple doesn't usually offer per-orders on MacBook pros. They are usually available the day they are announced or within the week. Demand isn't nearly as high as for an iPhone or iPad. I'd say they are available within a week of WWDC if not the same day.

ag101

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
WWDC is on a Monday.. I would guess that you can order online the day of the conference, and the MBPs will be available at the Apple store on the Friday.

I'd guess Apple would ship them out so customers could receive their laptops within the week as well..

ivanpk

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
I predict online orders by the end of the day Monday, and in stores Tuesday for purchase.

dutchnewbie

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2012
The Hague - The Netherlands
I wonder if they are announced next week monday will they be available worldwide on the same date? Or will the USA be first? And is there a difference between the official Apple store release date and the premium resellers?

PVisitors

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2011
I am guessing late June or early July...

Unlikely. Will be available online straight after keynote and in store the next day after. By the slim chance it isn't, it won't be late june. It will be the week after.

There is no need for the pre-order or waiting for the Mac range given they're in a far less demand. It all depends on how well production has gone.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Girl ;)

And I'm in between undergrad and grad school right now, so my job is just a summer deal (ie, taking off is pretty simple). But I do want to be prepared to have a full day with the new MBP :D

Oops... sorry. :eek:

Nothing more fun than the whole day tinkering with a new Mac. :)

keilinger

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2012
When should we expect Apple to start selling refurb MBP 2012s? I have an education discount, so I'm leaning towards getting a new one, though I'm curious.

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
When should we expect Apple to start selling refurb MBP 2012s? I have an education discount, so I'm leaning towards getting a new one, though I'm curious.

There probably won't be a big difference between the price with the education discount and the refurb price.

PVisitors

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2011

Right now the 2011 Model is £859 education discount, and £849 refurb price.

Plus Education discount gets you 3 year applecare (well, 3 year applecare repair coverage, but only 1 year phone support) too.

It would definitely be worth paying what is going to be like at max £20 more for the brand new Mac on education discount.

88 King

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2011
London, UK
Right now the 2011 Model is £859 education discount, and £849 refurb price.

Plus Education discount gets you 3 year applecare (well, 3 year applecare repair coverage, but only 1 year phone support) too.

It would definitely be worth paying what is going to be like at max £20 more for the brand new Mac on education discount.

Apple also does back to school offer. last year was a £60 ($100) voucher for mac and iOS apps inclued with mac brought with educational discount.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.