13in Macbook Air Skin Protector

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by lola23048, Apr 12, 2014.

1. lola23048 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Just purchased a 13 inch Macbook Air and am looking for a skin protector to help guard against scratches. I don't really want a hardshell case (like Speck) because I love the look of the computer and last time I used a Speck on my Macbook Pro, it left scratches and cracked.

Was looking at the Otterbox Clearly Protected Cover - primarily because it's matte and won't leave the shiny, glossy look like Zagg. Wanted to see if anyone has experience with any type of protector like this and could give some feedback before I spend the money.

In the meantime, a sleeve will have to suffice.

Thanks!

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Unless you are scratching it with metal, you don't need skin protector on Apple computers.

3. lola23048 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's more for piece of mind and when placing it on and off surfaces.

4. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

I use a very thin speck case and am very happy with it. Yes, it's not a skin per the OP, but I had to pipe up... :)

5. lola23048 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dweez,

Which case do you have? Do you know if it's left any scratches on your computer? I'm still on the fence about hard shell cases.

6. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

I use the SmartShell Satin in black. No scratches on the system.

I've also got a black Incipio shell on my 2012 MBP which also gets a thumbs up.

7. cirial macrumors regular

I bought a Zagg.. I've always bought ebay screen protectors for my iPhones so the $30 price on the Zagg got me hesitant. However, its a great product and I'll never worry about a scratch :)

8. lola23048 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, the protector skins are a little pricey. Does your Zagg make it shiny?

9. imjoee macrumors 6502

imjoee

i currently use the Moshi from Moshi on apple.com. I love it and it is scratch resistant. also no big name brand or advertisement on it which make it looks clean and crisp. Something that is cool about the moshi case is that it is sort of transparent and the apple sign can be seen through it illuminating.