13in MacBook Pro Battery

cwazytech

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
Colorado
First time on a laptop and confused by the MacBook Pro 10 hour battery claim. I've read some reviews stating that they're not getting close to the 10 hour mark but I'm really falling well short of it. I feel like at best I may get 5 hours, maybe 4 on my MacBook primarily using iTunes and Safari. Three hours ago I closed the screen with the power still on at 31%. Opening it back up and waking the screen I'm now at 23%. Is this normal?

Rocko99991

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2017
First week or so the battery life will be shorter. After that is should stop indexing and get better.

Howard2k

macrumors 68030
Mar 10, 2016
Since moving to Mojave my battery consumption is far worse especially in sleep. I tend to lose 10% in 6 hours.

I just made some change and now it might be a loss of perhaps 6% in 6 hours, which is not as bad but still pretty poor. Way worse than Sierra.

All that aside, open Activity Monitor and you can check which apps are draining your battery. You can also determine whether those apps are preventing sleep. I would start there and see if that provides any clues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.