Ok so I'm torn between two machines, need some constructive advice, pros & cons on both so I can weigh up which machine to get. I'll will be using the machine for the following: iOS App Developement Photoshop Music editing / Production Minor Video Editing iBooks Authoring It will be used mainly at home so size & weight isn't a critical factor. I'm torn between the 2.8Ghz i7 MBP or the 1.7GHz 128GB MBA. I know there is a i7 MBA but my budget is really around the £1300 mark. The MBP Pros: Upgradable RAM Optical Drive Good amount of Hard disc space Faster Processor Cons: Lower Screen resolution No SSD as standard The MBA Pros: Higher resolution screen SSD hard disc Slim & Compact Cons: Small amount of hard disc space Slower processor No optical drive Obviously I would have to buy a optical drive & external hard drive if I went for the MBA taking my total close to £1300 mark. The main points for discussion reagarding the MBA are; is 128GB enough space for all the apps needed to be installed & run directly from the hard drive. If all my music/videos/photos are on a external Hard drive surely this negates the point of having SSD. The other point, is the MBA generally fast enough to do everything I want it too? The main points for discussion reagarding the MBP are; is the screen resolution good enough for doing alot of app development & is the glossy screen going to be a problem is its used predominantly inside. My final point for discussion regarding both machines involves a topic widely discussed on forums with wide range of answers. Should I wait for the refresh? I know no one actually knows the refresh date, but if we're talking 3 months, I'd rather wait, if it's 6 months I wont bother. My thinking is maybe I should wait for the iPad 3 announcement in late feb / early march and see if they announce anything to do with ivy bridge enable MacBooks. Again is the boost in performance going to be noticeable? Is it worth waiting for, for my needs? Also I'm in America in May, so if there is a refresh around that time I could pick one up alot cheaper over there. I'm currently leaning towards the pro, but the higher resolution screen on the air is better for development which will be my primary use. Decisions..... Decisions... Ok think that's it, sorry for the long post but wanted to make sure I covered everything, £1300 is alot of money & I want to get best bang for my buck.