13in or 15in MBP? What do you think?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by supernet33, Apr 19, 2010.

1. supernet33 macrumors regular

Alright, I am debating.. Should I get an 13in Macbook Pro or 15in..

I know I don't need the power from the 15in since all i really do is surf the web and check email....

But the new 15in has the Core i5 and that is what I am debating about... I am scared that 13in won't be supported longer since it has the core 2 due cpu.

What would you guys do?

2. UKBeast macrumors 6502

If you will always be surfing and checking your emails, core 2 due will be enough for you at least 6 years, so do not worry about that :)

Get the 13inch one

3. danistyping macrumors regular

The core i5 will hold its resale value much better. So pay more now, get more later. That was my personal decision. Also, the resolution on the 13" stinks...everything is huge and you can barely fit one safari window on there without feeling very crowded. The 15" hi-res displays are awesome. If you don't have the cash for a 15, get a 13...its still a good computer.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The computers have the potential to last the same amount of time, but it's possible your needs may require you to upgrade sooner if you go for the older processor.

5. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

Are you a student? That may help offset the costs between the 13" and base 15", which is really all you need.

Heck even a refurb of the previous gen will do what you need it to do.

6. supernet33 thread starter macrumors regular

7. 2high2aim macrumors 6502

It's clear to me that you do not NEED a MBP 15" sure you might want to buy the best technology but the 13in is BETTER then what you will be doing surfing the web can be done with all computers of this era. The 13" MBP does a lot, save $600 and go for the 13in with a better battery life. Now if your trying to "future proof" your laptop investment then buy the 15" MBP is also a bad idea because technology gets updated at a far quicker rate then lets say you keep your 15 for 3 years by that time the 15 your using will be outdated and in that sense you really cant future proof. Only reason you should buy a 15in MBP is if your going to use it to its capability and if not its just a waste.

Buy what you need and not the hype and you'll save money and be more than satisfied by the 13" capability.

8. supernet33 thread starter macrumors regular

I got the 15in, and it's kinda big... :(

I only paid $291.00 for it.. Apple was going to give me the 13in even swap but i went for the 15in... New MBP

hrmmm

9. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Don't you appreciate the larger screen size?