13in refurb came!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by altecXP, Mar 9, 2011.

1. altecXP macrumors 65816

And it has a small scratch on the lid and a single stuck pixel. v.v What would happen if I take it into the apple store? Would they replace it for just the 1 pixel?

The tiny scratch doesn't bother me as much as the pixel. I have the 2.66 with the 320m and I'd prefer to keep the 320m. They wouldn't make me swap would they?

2. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

apple store will probable not swap it...you need to return it and try again.

Allot of people say that the refurbs get new casings... lately there have been more and more posts about refurbs with small scratches and the like.

Hope this puts a rest to the thought that all refurbs get new outer casings.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I don't know where people get that idea, because Apple never said they get new outer casings:

4. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

they wont replace the machine since they dont carry refurbs. what they most likely will offer is to replace the display/housing (basically the entire component of the lcd/glass/aluminum lid).

5. /user/me macrumors 6502

They would almost have to though. One of my MBPs is a refurb, and the NEW serial number that they put on the bottom of the computer is perfectly etched... now if they didn't give it a new case, don't you think that there would be some evidence of them removing the old serial number.... I would.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's extremely unlikely that they'll replace anything, since refurbs are not guaranteed to be cosmetically perfect. The Apple Store won't touch it, since it's a refurb (which are only available online), except for warranty fulfillment, without a cost. Of course, Apple reps have been known to bend the rules to keep a customer happy.

7. /user/me macrumors 6502

Umm, i beg to differ. My 13" refurb got the screen replaced because there was a scratch near the camera lens and LOTS of LCD bleed.

8. altecXP thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks guys. I think I'll try it for a day or two and see how much it really bugs me. I may decide to live with it. I'm not really a perfectionist.

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's more significant than a single dead pixel and a scratch on the case.

10. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

Ultimately its not our decision to make and upto Apple and generally will do what they see fit. Its still a warrantied Apple computer so it falls under the same discretion as any other machine and again falls into what they are willing to do.

Doesnt hurt to attempt.

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Who said it was?
    That's exactly why I said "Apple reps have been known to bend the rules to keep a customer happy."