Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxbabysalasxx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
I have recently noticed that my macbook has been running slow lately and i was considering upgrading my ram.. I upgraded my hard drive from 160 to 320gb and i still have 160 left of space but i dont understand why its running so slow... Any suggestions on how to get better performance out of my macbook? Also, my battery life has declined to about half of what it use to be. A full charge is only 2hrs when it use to be 4 1/2. I bought my macbook in November and i have 151 total charges on my battery. Should i take my macbook to apple or just buy a new battery???
Thanks! Jamie

JGruber

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
Ram will make a world of difference, upgrade it to the max it will handle. As far as the battery goes, try to calibrate it and see what it does, I know it helps out a lot. If that does work, it will never hurt to talk to Apple about it.

RDM3

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2009
Concordville PA
Max the RAM out for sure, go to Newegg.com or Crucial.com, it is a cheap upgrade.

If you bought the Macbookbrand new in November i would talk to Apple as yo are still in the first year warranty and see what they will do about the battery, if you have an Apple store close by make an apt and go see them, they may swap it out in the store for nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.