13inch vs 15inch Macbook or Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by johnsingh06, Nov 20, 2008.

1. johnsingh06 macrumors member

Hey! ive a powerbook g4 1.67Ghz:D and its really done me proud over the years. however as much as i love the laptop, the release of the new mac notebooks have persuaded me on purchasing a new one.

but im jus wondering....which is better!?

- 13 Inch or the 15inch? -

ive always been a 15inch Mac laptop kinda guy but im not sure!? i do watch alot of TV shows and movies on the computer but people do say you might as well save the money and go for a 13 inch?

i would much appreciate your help, esp those who own both sizes!
    thanks guys! and yes!...sorry if this is on the iPhone forum! yes i kno! My Apologies!
    :apple: Forever!:D

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The only reason I bought my macbook pro a few years back was for the 15 inch screen. The macbook's look fantastic but a 13 inch day after day would be kinda limiting for me.

However, you could always get the macbook and go with a nice Dell display(sorry, Dell makes better displays at a cheaper price than Apple)

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

If you know its in the wrong forum, then report it to the mods so they can move it.

On topic, deciding between the two based strictly on screen size would be silly. Price and usage are really big deals too. If you need the extra horse power, then go for the MBP, otherwise, its not really worth it.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Power, spec, performance and a far better (and somewhat bigger) screen are the differences between the MB and MBP. Personally, I'd recommend the MBP, I have one and I'm very happy with it; the MBP's screen really is a lot better than that of the MB, and, if you spend a lot of time online, or otherwise working with a computer, that difference does matter.

Cheers and good luck

5. nick9191 macrumors 68040

You easily get used to the screen size. Plus I'm not sure, but the Macbook and your G4 might be the same resolution.

The Macbook screen is not as good as the pro screen in terms of quality, but still its a nice enough screen.

I'd stick with the $1299 model unless you want the backlit keyboard.

6. johnsingh06 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you guys for the replies!

i think i might wait now (as i have to save up) for the Macbook Pro. the macbook is nice, its just abit of downgrade in features i.e screen size n backlit keyboards...

i probly wont get another mac until another 5 years tho:p lol im not even joking!

thanks again everyone!

x:apple:

7. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

the MacBook is done if u can handle the smaller screen. I couldn't. So I got the MacBook Pro. The r eaolution is just too limiting. And withthe MacBook pro, you get no compromises. If u can find one on eBay from a power seller using the live discount, it's a no brainer

8. Chim3ra macrumors member

Chim3ra

MBP performs and is essentially more "pro" than the other macbook, however i use my 13" Mac for the purpose of School work and i for travel, and i dont' mind the screen size. plus you can always get another monitor like noted above if screen size is an issue

or get an HD tv.... =D

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. The only reason I got a MBP instead of a MB was because of the larger screen.