Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
I just totaled up every penny I have for my college laptop...

I have 1565 dollars. My order for my iPod Video and midrange Macbook is 1579. :eek: (no tax in Oregon)

aah! I want to be able to order my computer this week. I will have it shipped to my mom's sister in Oregon. (we're moving there in a few days)

So my question is this: is it worth waiting a couple of extra weeks to order?
Do you think I will appreciate a iPod that much more? Will a iPod nano be just fine (4 gig model)

Thanks for any comments. :cool:

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Just wait to order what your really want. If that means a couple weeks, I think you can wait. If you are on that tight of a budget, that you can't find $14 then you should probably wait cause something else might come up, especially while you are moving. But if you really, really want it, can't you just ask a parent or sumthin? Borrow $14, it's just $14. That's like an expensive meal, say you'll treat them to a dinner when you get the money back.

Did you hear about the promo that started this week? Free iPod Nano with a purchase of a computer.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...wo/4.RSLID?mco=93D19870&nclm=BackToSchool2006

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
I may just have to borrow the 14 dollars.

This is accounting the discount. And I am planning on getting the rebate of course. ;)
And there's no tax in Oregon....

I may just get the Nano with an add-on. I'll have my MacBook for DVD viewing anyway.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
bobber205 said:

This is accounting the discount. And I am planning on getting the rebate of course. ;)

I may just get the Nano with an add-on. I'll have my MacBook for DVD viewing anyway.

Hmm... have you taken into account other various thingies you might need? More RAM possibly? (pss.. don't buy RAM from apple).

Natalia81

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2004
bobber205 said:

You are counting the discount? In that case, you are still paying for your iPod upfront, and weeks later Apple will send you $179 for the rebate.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Natalia81 said:
You are counting the discount? In that case, you are still paying for your iPod upfront, and weeks later Apple will send you $179 for the rebate.

I was going to mention this, its an important point. I believe the special deal is a Mail In Rebate, at least it has been in years past.

iamhammill

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2006
York, PA
SamIchi said:
Hmm... have you taken into account other various thingies you might need? More RAM possibly? (pss.. don't buy RAM from apple).

The 1GB upgrade from Apple seems reasonable. If you want 2GB, don't buy from Apple.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
I've downgraded my iPod to just a 4 gig nano. ;)

I did have iWork and a 80 gig hard drive added to that price. I think I'll get rid of those two and put in the gig of ram. I'll have a DVD burner so I can back up stuff easily and delete it to free up space.

All I need to decide now is what to put as the engraving on my pod.

I was thinking

alexwait AT alexwait.com (not that ;))
Oregon Inst. of Tech.

Something like that.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
bobber205 said:
I thought about getting one awhile ago, but I eventually decided against credit.

Oh come on, it's soooo much fun knowing that you're worth NEGATIVE currency! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.