14 / 30 Day Update Policy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by TJunkers, Oct 9, 2008.

1. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

I know apple has it that if you purchase a computer and within 14 days they lower the price you can come back and get the difference between what you paid and the new cost.

Says it here (Look for pricing): http://www.apple.com/legal/sales_policies/retail_us.html

Is there anything about if they change the entire computer? Like if someone where to buy a macbook air today and then tuesday comes and "boom" new MBA's is there anything they can do or do they just have to pay the restocking fee of 10%?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You can return if you purchased up to 14 days before a product release. You pay 10% restocking if you open what you purchased. No exceptions.

3. TJunkers thread starter macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

Gotcha... Thanks!

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You're welcome. Actually, maybe exceptions. When we purchased our Core Duo iMac, the Core 2s came out a little over month later. I e-mailed Apple about it and they accepted the return. I still paid the restocking fee, but I got to swap for the Core 2.

5. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yeah, the event is confirmed now. Wait or face the wrath of not having waited.:p

7. TJunkers thread starter macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

Oh I'm waiting...

My best friend just bought a macbook and he comes to me and is like: "You did it, you made me switch to macs" and I replied: "You know they are updating those next week" hahahah

Needless to say he wasn't too happy.

I cant wait. I just sold my macbook pro. switching to the air since i need something more portable and i dont use my macbook pro for anything since i bought a mac pro. I hope they update the macbook air. All I want to see is a little bump in processor or hard drive size and im set!