14% battery drain in 4 hours?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MrSubC, Aug 10, 2011.

1. MrSubC macrumors newbie

Left home at 7:30AM with my iPhone 4 (iOS 4.3.3) fully charged at 100%. I happen to check it at 11:30AM and noticed that the battery level dropped to 86%.

The iPhone was in my pocket and was not used during this period. Yes, I always make sure there is no app running in the background, wifi off, Notifications off, etc.

Anyone else with similar setup experiencing such excessive battery drain?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

That's 28 hours battery life if your not using it something is running or your reception is fluctuating

3. forcetactic macrumors 6502

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Was your Location services running? Are you Jailbroken? Aside from that I'd say that you may have been in a low coverage area or you could have been swapping cell towers a few times, but unless you're in a car(or a big city: tall buildings), I doubt that it would affect your battery that much.

5. MrSubC thread starter macrumors newbie

Reply to #4

Hi Kyotoma,

iPhone 4 not JB'd, Location Services off. The key could be that I'm inside a building which our Blackberry admin told me is notorious for low signal thereby causing significant battery drain on my BB. I guess it works the same way for my iPhone.

I'll monitor it when I get home this afternoon and see if I get a 14% drop in 4 hours outside this building. If I don't, then I know there's no problem with my iP4.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

6. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

If you have bad signal, why don't you put your iPhone in Airplane Mode. Shuts off all communications with the cell towers, so you cannot recieve calls or texts.

As well, have you:
    - turned off data when not needed?
    - turn off WiFi when not needed?
    - turn off Bluetooth?
    - delete all apps from the multitasking bar?
    - turn down brightness to for practical viewing?

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Roflmfao.

I'm sorry but this has to be the best reply I've seen today.

Yep take your phone that you use to keep in touch etc and turn the phone part off! Lmao

8. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

It's still an iPhone. Sometimes, managing which features are turned on and off is important. Of course, when you get used to it, like I do, it won't seem like a hassle. The iPhone is smart, but you can be smart with it so it can be smarter than a smartphone.

9. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

That's deep...

:D

RTP.