14-day period

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hansvon, Jan 18, 2008.

1. hansvon macrumors member

What is this I hear that if your touch was bought within some period of MacWorld then you get the $20 upgrade for free? I bought mine on the 4th, is it too late? What are the specific details of this (phone number, exact day period, etc..).

Thanks!

2. tefleming macrumors 6502

I think you just take it back to where ever you bought it and tell them you'd like price protection (since the price has dropped within the return period.)

3. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

4. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Or it sucks because you're an employee of big box store (circuit city) like me, who bought the touch for $279 a day before MWSF.

So I guess in retrospect, I came out ok, but I still want my money.

5. hansvon thread starter macrumors member

Um, so what if I go to a boarding school where I am literally jailed away (as well as 10 hours from) the store that I bought the touch from? 1-800 number anybody?

6. tefleming macrumors 6502

That would depend on which store you bought it from.

Why would that suck? IIRC, the discount at CC is tied to cost and therefore wouldn't change. It would cost you the same today, right.

Of course, you could both try calling or emailing Apple Customer Service (worst thing they can do is say no.)

7. hansvon thread starter macrumors member

8. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Sounds like you got the $20 just like everyone else who bought them at the discounted price, then turned around and gave that discount to Apple for the apps (or pocketed it).

What REALLY sucks is apparently Circuit City doesn't offer an employee discount.