14 day return window

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rchawks, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Rchawks macrumors member

When ordering online from the apple store, does the 14 day return policy begin the moment you finalize the order online, even though several days will pass before accepting delivery?
    The reason I ask is the tax is way higher at the apple store in K.C. MO than here. It is within a reasonable driving distance however. Just an extra eighty bucks for tax is a bit much to accept.

2. twingo macrumors regular

I prefer thinking first before ordering. If everyone would do it this way, the products could be much cheaper.

3. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Online orders are usually taxed at the same rate as your states' sales tax - unless your nearest Apple store is located in a different state or has large city taxes, there should be no difference. Notice that the quoted tax in the online shop is just an estimate, the final tax at checkout might be different (happened to me in Illinois).

14 day window should count from the date of delivery - maybe someone can confirm this?

4. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

From the Apple website:

5. Stevi macrumors member

Stevi

I ordered mine online. It was taxed as if I bought it next-door. As in I paid all the tax for the province I live in (15%). Since I have no plans to return it I'm not sure on the 14 day return policy, but logic suggests it would be based on the date it was delivered.

6. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

I'm assuming you're in Canada - the policy is a little different there than the US:

7. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Web Orders

Tax is based on your postal code

Return date starts from day of delivery, it is 14 days but can be extended if apple agree's to it. They prefer you return it to a Apple store otherwise it will take over 2 weeks for the computer to be received and credit applied to your credit card.

The above is based on experience and Apple conversations with customer care.

They will issue s Fedex Ground return tag if thats the path you choose.

8. accountforit macrumors 6502a

Day of delivery. However, their system estimates day of delivery and if you do everything online, you will usually end up getting more than 14 days to return it. It's all automated.

9. kathyricks macrumors 6502

In the USA with a credit card you can order any Apple laptop online for pickup at an Apple store in Oregon and pay no sales tax if you physically pick up the laptop at the store.

If you change your mind at any time prior to actually picking up the laptop in person, Apple will issue a full credit to your credit card with no added fees or penalties of any kind.

All of the above rules apply to refurbished laptops as well as new ones.

Also, if you pick up a laptop in Oregon and then fly home to your home state, and THEN decide you don't really want to keep it, you can return it to any Apple store in your home state for a full refund (within the 14 day return window). So you need not return the laptop to the Apple store in Oregon where you originally picked it up.

10. Rchawks thread starter macrumors member

Thank you all very much, all my questions have been answered.:D

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

True but its always smart to know the terms of a sale or contract before entering into it.