14 days return policy/institutional purchase

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrsugartime, Apr 16, 2010.

1. mrsugartime macrumors newbie

Hello, (apologies if this isn't the right section of the forum for my query)
    I was wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience to mine. My university recently purchased a 15" macbook pro base level model on my behalf, and it arrived exactly 14days before the refresh. Obviously I'd like to exchange it, and the person I spoke to within the period logged my call and said it should be ok if i get the school to call. (it was purchased via them to ensure free applecare) However, when they did ring they were told the 14day return period doesn't apply to institutional purchases. I can't find any info online about this, so I'm wondering if it may be a case of 'who you speak to' given that the previous guy said it'd be ok, or if i should just be happy with what i got. Has anybody here any experience with this matters?
    Thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Did you ask what the return policy actually was for institutional purchases?

3. mrsugartime thread starter macrumors newbie

I was just told by the person that rang that the 14 day return only applies if it's on a personal credit card. I will check that though, thanks