14 dyas Return Policy - UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mic2904, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Mic2904 macrumors 6502

Guys,

quick question: Does the 14 days return policy in the UK also work for equipment being bought IN store, rather than online?

I know I am covered online by law anyway, but not to sure whats the case with buying in store.

I am considering an Imac next weekend and want to pull the trigger as I can not be bothered waiting anymore and just in case the new Imac comes out, I wonder if I would be able to return it.

Mind you, the new Imac is pure specualtion anyway as I have learned over the last couple of weeks and months... The signs are there for months and months, but nothing happens....

Markus

2. sazza85 macrumors member

Actually, you're not covered by law for 14 days. It's whatever the store specifies, you are correct that under the distance selling regulation you have the right to return, some companies allow 7 days some allow 14, some even allow 28 but it's the companies discretion. But generally you're covered by law under goods you buy and wish to return that are not used and in their original packaging.

Apple is quite rare in how they operate in the fact they allow you to buy something and offer a change of mind policy which allows you to return the item, even if you've used it, within 14 days of purchase.

IF the new iMac does come out within 28 days of you purchasing then you are allowed to swap your current iMac to a different iMac as they allow you to do this within 28 days of original purchase.

The 14 day thing is to take stuff back for a full refund.

3. Mic2904 thread starter macrumors 6502

I never knew about the 28 days swap...?! Good to know. Might as well ask in store at the weekend.

Anotehr question that I was just thinking: Any chance at all to get some sort of discount? Itunes voucher or similar? I am not a student though and dont know anybody going to Uni.