Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donga120

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
UK
When I shoot 48MP ProRaw, when I tap the I to see info, it says the image is 12MP and from the ultra wide camera, even though I switched from XX Lens to the Main 1x. Anyone else seeing this? Phone is setup as brand new nothing installed on it and running 16.0.1

Jinbei

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2018
When I shoot 48MP ProRaw, when I tap the I to see info, it says the image is 12MP and from the ultra wide camera, even though I switched from XX Lens to the Main 1x. Anyone else seeing this? Phone is setup as brand new nothing installed on it and running 16.0.1
You need to activate it both on the setting AND on the camera (top right RAW icon).

Donga120

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
UK
You need to activate it both on the setting AND on the camera (top right RAW icon).

I've done that, the info shows it as saying the photo was taken on the Ultra wide and not the Main, as well as not taking the photo in 48MP, just 12.

mppn

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2016
Montreal, QC, Canada
Go to settings -> Camera -> Macro Control
Ensure this is ON

Then, once in the camera, if it switches to macro mode, you'll see the yellow flower on the lower left corner. If it's there, you are in fact using the 12 mp ultra wide angle for the photo. Click on it to disable it temporarily

Reactions: Donfor39

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
Go to settings -> Camera -> Macro Control
Ensure this is ON

Then, once in the camera, if it switches to macro mode, you'll see the yellow flower on the lower left corner. If it's there, you are in fact using the 12 mp ultra wide angle for the photo. Click on it to disable it temporarily
This was best Camera info, appreciated.
I see the yellow markers as a Thistle, de selected and re shot.
I've managed 36mp not sure what guarantees max 48mp.
p.s. No idea how to bring Thistle back if I ever need this 'feature'

thanks

mppn

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2016
Montreal, QC, Canada
The thistle (which is more of a flower to me), if it’s the one in the following picture, is there to show you are in macro mode. It only appears when you are close to the subject.
A2862B35-ED42-4ACC-AA05-6CF5AB5BA964.jpeg

zecanard

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2022
Longmont, CO
I saw this right after setting my phone up. I was messing around with the cameras and took two successive shots of my desk/keyboard at 3×. The first one was taken using the Ultra Wide Lens and the second with the telephoto. The 3× ultra wide was pretty disgusting 😆

I forgot to submit a report with diagnostics before having to do another restore, unfortunately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.