Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koolzero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
When I connect my iPhone 14 pro to my pioneer 4400nex wireless car play radio and turn off the car and turn it back on the radio doesn’t auto connect and if try to manually connect it shows my old iPhone. I even did a factory reset of the radio and it still some how sees my old iPhone. But in order to reconnect I have to go to CarPlay settings and forget the car and then reconnect. But same thing happens every time I shut the car off. Just to test it out I reconnected my old iPhone 12 Pro Max, and it works perfectly, remembers the device and reconnects after starting up my car. Not sure if this is an iOS issue or if a new firmware needs to be developed for my radio. Anyone else seeing weird behavior?

Reactions: JoeTimm

JoeTimm

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2022
Exactly my problem !!! With the 14 ProMax, I’ve reset the 4500Nex and all and it will only connect after clicking all the clicks and Bluetooth crap again and again but restart truck and won’t do nothing-

Reactions: koolzero

koolzero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Pioneer and or apple need to fix this. I’ll have to connect with a usb cable until it can be fixed.

Last edited:

koolzero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
I just called pioneer and they said it’s an iOS bug. I see there is a new iOS 6.1 beta I may try once it’s released to the public and hopefully has the gps bug resolved to see if this corrects the CarPlay issue.

I received this response from email support

“On the car battery , disconnect the black terminal for 10 minutes and reconnect it. This should help the unit to clear any glitches as a soft reset. If the issue persist the unit may require repair.”

I did disconnect my battery and it made no difference.

I installed the current 6.1 public beta and it made no difference. Maybe public beta 2 will come tomorrow.

Beta 2 made no difference

Last edited:

koolzero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
I fixed my CarPlay issue. I had to take it apart and replace the internal SD card with a fresh copy of the operating system. It was quite the ordeal. No issue with Apple, issue was with pioneer making a poorly engineered product (or bad software). Fortunately it was relatively easy to fix.

Link to how to reimage 4400 nex

I also cut a little bit of the cover to easily replace the SD cards if it goes bad again. But it’s working perfectly again. I am a bit critical with pioneer that they didn’t create better software (and abandoned support) but I’m happy it was easy to fix and it’s a pretty good head unit. When you factory reset the radio it doesn’t totally reset because it remembered my old iPhone and i believe that was the issue. If pioneer developed it to really factory reset it would probably have been fine.

Attachments

• B5038721-EA58-454F-B31B-3CAB5BCC7DA0.jpeg
    B5038721-EA58-454F-B31B-3CAB5BCC7DA0.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

Tobypal

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2023
I had the same problem, mi iPhone 14 ProMax didn't connect wifi with Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX. Before trying the above, I connect the iPhone 14 ProMax via usb, and there is an option that says, connect with wifi, I tick that option and solved the problem. My new iPhone 14 ProMax is working with Pioneer AVH-W4400NEW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.