Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iViking

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Almost every time I power on my rMBP, the wallpaper I had previously selected has reverted back to the first one I had when I upgraded to OSX Lion.

So when I go to system prefs to change it back, I see that the correct one is selected, even though it's showing another.

The one it is showing is the first one I selected after upgrading to OSX Lion, and for some reason it continues to default to that.

Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

JD92

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2005
Almost every time I power on my rMBP, the wallpaper I had previously selected has reverted back to the first one I had when I upgraded to OSX Lion.

So when I go to system prefs to change it back, I see that the correct one is selected, even though it's showing another.

The one it is showing is the first one I selected after upgrading to OSX Lion, and for some reason it continues to default to that.

Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

I had this same issue. I'm not sure exactly what fixed it, but one thing I did run was this and I've not had the problem since. If you used Migration Assistant when setting up your rMBP you should give it a shot.

Meever

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
I also had/have this issue. It was okay for a while but now the problem has returned.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Delete Library/Preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist then reboot. Fixed the issue for me when I was on DP4

RealEyes

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2012
Another thing you need to do is make sure you're changing your background on Desktop #1, the main desktop. Any changes you make to the additional workspaces will only be true for those spaces.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.