Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beta Particle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
They were working fine in the betas, and I was sure they had been working in the GM, but after checking today, they are definitely not working for me now.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I have quite a big list of shortcuts that I use, so this is a very annoying issue.

negro napoleon

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2011
I'm having the same problem.

I'm on the GM with a 4S and mine aren't working either. What should we do?

EDIT: I just restarted my phone and they started working. Weird.

Last edited:

ViperXIII

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
I used "Reset All Settings" and it fixed it for me. Of course you'll have to go back through and fix everything back the way you like it, but it made my shortcuts work again.

Sensientuk

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
I turned off "settings->ICloud->documents and data" then checked my shortcuts... some were missing some were duplicated (I assume the cloud and my device had the shortcut but sych had not worked correctly) deleted the duplicates.

BUT the others now worked.

Turned "settings->ICloud->documents and data" back on, created a new shortcut and this now worked also.

Time will tell if this "fix" is only temporary - but to me it looks like an issue with the ICloud synch

I used "Reset All Settings" and it fixed it for me. Of course you'll have to go back through and fix everything back the way you like it, but it made my shortcuts work again.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Mine stop working after a while and then I have to restart. Or if I type the shortcut over and over it will eventually work. Since iOS 6 I had to add "I'll" to my shortcuts because it wouldn't autocorrect like it used to. Sometimes it still won't work so if I type it over and over I get this: ill ill ill ill ill ill I'll I'll I'll. Hopefully I explained that right.

Mine stop working after a while and then I have to restart. Or if I type the shortcut over and over it will eventually work. Since iOS 6 I had to add "I'll" to my shortcuts because it wouldn't autocorrect like it used to. Sometimes it still won't work so if I type it over and over I get this: ill ill ill ill ill ill I'll I'll I'll. Hopefully I explained that right.

HA! That worked for me! :)

zman2100

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2009
Florida
I've started noticing that I have this issue as well. Let's hope Apple fixes this in the first 6.0.1 update.

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2009
same issue here, this is how i resolved it. turned off documents and data, deleted all the shorcuts, hard reboot, added all the shortcuts back, turned on documents and data. all is well, for now.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
This is the most annoying bug to me. Seems very minor but it drives me crazy. Hoping for a fix very soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.