Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
I'm heavily debating it after this whole black/scuffgate ordeal (as I'm sure many others are doing or considering).

I have a genius bar appointment today in a few hours and want to hear the opinions from people who have gone through something similar or just any advice in general would help. My phone doesn't have a scratch on it yet, however I'd prefer it to remain scuff free.

Thoughts?

CanadaEh

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
Toronto
How about you put on a case instead of swapping to a new iPhone that could potentially have scufs straight out the box? :confused:

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
Last edited:

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Is there anything actually wrong with your phone that you're wanting to exchange it for? If no, then swapping is a bad idea.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
My own black iP5 came with flawless metal housing, although I didn't think the fit and finish where the glass strips at top and bottom meet the aluminum body is as good as it should be. On the other hand, my mother's black iP5 which arrived today was full of nicks and scratches out of the box. Not too concerned as my sister is an Apple store manager so I'll probably have her swap it out a few months from now once they've worked out the QC issues.

It's like playing Russian roulette at this point so if your black iP5 is flawless it's a keeper!

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
New York
I have an appointment tomorrow as well....but mine has minor imperfections as shown in the pic. Im wondering if I should just stick with it after reading all these replacements are bad:eek:

Attachments

• iPhone 5.jpg
    iPhone 5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 156

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
If you like the black one more, just stick with it. I like the white more, and went with white. My dad got a black one, and there are a few small nicks. He's just going to live with it.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
can anyone even believe this was posted?

Talk about third world problems!?

Ok let's talk about third world problems. You start.

If you're gonna mock someone using a tired cliche, at least get the cliche right.

To the OP, did you seriously make a Genius Bar appt solely to decide on which color to buy? Have you ANY respect for your fellow human?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.