$1499 13" rMBP or $1999 15" rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ronaldcastillo, Oct 23, 2013.

1. ronaldcastillo macrumors 6502a

I'm currently undecided between these 2 models. I already have a 27" iMac (maxed out) Mid 2012 model that I use as my main computer. Looking for a portable laptop for school (Graphic Design major.) Price difference is about $500. For that extra $500, I'm getting a quad core processor, about 2 extra inches of screen space, and Intel Iris Pro Graphics. Other than that, the 13-inch sports the same hard drive and memory and weighs exactly a pound lighter. Any thought on which model I should get?

2. hachiman macrumors regular

For school, the 13" is plenty of real estate for whatever you need to do unless you do heavy video animation. I had a 15" MBP (2009 non-retina), I don't like the size and heft and lugging it around campus. A few classmates have the 13" and it's just the right size and weight. This was before the retina came alone, but I still would say the 13" is the right size. The smaller profile is nice if you want to go to a cafe shop and do some catchup.

3. wrsorg macrumors newbie

I had a cMBP 15" (late 2011) that I used as a main computer and carried everywhere I went, I can't complain about size or space.

Considering your situation (if I had an iMac) I would just go with the 13", it's a considerably better deal