$1499 rMBP 13" at Frys

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hypobid, Dec 7, 2012.

1. hypobid macrumors newbie

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

They also have ATD listed for $799 in store only. The web site said the local store had inventory. I went there and no inventory....and no, they are not willing to order one that price. :rolleyes:

3. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

I don't trust Fry's. I feel like everything they sell is used.

4. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

?

Only used items they have are the ones that have a sticker on it.

That being said, the only time I go there is to price match and/or find decent deals on items. I bought a projector recently for a great price.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Anything that Frys sells that has been returned is tagged as such. You can usually tell just by looking at the box.

6. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

Either way their return policy on Apple products sucks so I wouldn't buy from them anyway.

7. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

iAppl3Fan

Oh, what's their policy for Apple? I'm not a fan of Fry's either.

8. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

"Due to manufacturers' policies, Frys.com cannot accept returns or exchanges of certain products manufactured by the companies listed in the table below. These manufacturers deal directly with issues regarding their products and will repair or replace these products in accordance with their own policies. Contact information is also provided for each of these manufacturers."

Apple being one of those products. I'm assuming you can't buy a MacBook Pro at Fry's, and then go return it at an Apple Store.

9. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Yeah, they have a 15% restocking fee.

If you're buying Apple stuff, you're better off getting it from the store, UNLESS It's smaller things like Apple TV, iPods, etc...they sometimes have ok deals on those.

Apple TV 3 was $80 a few weeks ago from Frys.

----------

When could you be able to buy from ANY retailer and return it to an Apple store??

You can't do that from Best Buy, or any other store. Warranty wise, sure, you can take it to the Genius bar.

10. mmark77 macrumors newbie

Apple price matches

Another option is to go to an Apple store and show the Fry's ad. I did this and Apple price matched after the Apple representative called Fry's to confirm (1) it was an in-store sale, (2) they had it in-stock and (3) it was for a new rMBP.

11. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If you have done your research and know what you're buying, why would it matter if you can return it?

12. forza69, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012

forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

I actually have been getting all of my Apple stuff recently from Best Buy (they're closer). They have no restocking fee and it's 30 days instead of Apple's 14 days. Well 60 days for me actually since I'm a Premier Silver member.

-----------

Lol I know, I was being sarcastic about that . Doesn't go through quite well online.

Because researching and actual hands-on are two completely different things. FWIW, I do my research on everything I buy but sometimes I just don't like it after owning it and I return it. You'd have to be very irresponsible to not know your options when buying something, especially something so expensive.

13. spb3 macrumors regular

During black friday i successfully price matched at Best Buy to Frys $1499. And there are no Frys stores nearby.
    ymmv

14. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

Nice!

15. hypobid thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, they switched it to "shipping available" and I entered my credit card details, etc., and then, poof, like a fart in the wind, the deal was gone! When I submitted the order, it went right back to the cart, with store pick-up only:mad:. Stinks b/c the total was $1509, out the door, with $10 shipping, no tax.

But I have to wonder, why are they selling these for only $1499? Are they not selling well?

16. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

Probably because they're underpowered with a huge price tag.

17. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

iAppl3Fan

Thanks for the tip. I was totally unaware of this. I almost made a TV purchase there; but I never get good vibes there so did a price match at Best Buy instead. As for Apple at Frys, you're better off going to the Apple store and purchasing there.

18. spb3 macrumors regular

no one will question that the price drop is intended to stimulate the sales. but it does not look like a very desperate move. we've seen MBP recently as low as $950 (21% off). while rMBP is at $1499 (12% off).

19. xxcysxx macrumors 6502

because if you are unlucky to have one or two dead pixels, they will not offer exchange or return for it as it is not considered defective, because it does not affect functionality and considered to be within acceptable tolerance. however, with a standard refund policy, you can return it by saying you dont like it and buy another one the next day.

perhaps you might not be bothered by one or two dead pixels, but this is subjective for everybody else, since they are paying premium price for apple and they should accept nothing less.