15.00 mac

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by vintagemx, Dec 14, 2008.

1. vintagemx macrumors newbie

:D Heres a story for all you apple mac users! Went to a auction sale in the mountains here in PA. and keep looking at this big silver looking thing under the table. Look it over pretty good and figured it was an apple computer. Did'nt know much about apple computers at the time., I've always had a dell pc. I needed a new computer and was getting ready to purchase a new one . So I decided to take a chance and bid on it. Hammer went down at $15.00. Went home and found out its a apple power mac g5 2.0 ghs with a nevidia 6600 video card to boot and 4 512mb of ram, but no hard drive. I think its the best buy I ever had. I know I could have sold it and made some serious money on it, but I decided to keep it after I got the two hard drives for it 250 and a 500. Its alot better than the pc in some aspects, but software is'nt ready available for it and now apple changed over to a intel processor :eek: Now gaming is going to be limited too, but I have a somewhat new computer.:p

2. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

That's beyond a good deal on a G5 powermac. It will run tons and tons of software though the latest operating system and everything. Some games are Intel-only, you need to look out for applications not labeled PPC or Universal, Intel-labeled apps won't work.

Welcome to the party.

3. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo