15,000 photos, 4000 songs and iCloud

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Bigtree, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Bigtree macrumors 6502

In order to keep all my photos will I have to change my events to albums to keep iCloud from deleting them?

95% of my music are ripped cds or vinyl (I have over 6,000 vinyl albums)
    over half of my ripped music is local folk and etc. and would not be offered through iTunes Match. 95% of the time iTunes doesn't have the album artwork let alone the songs.... How do I get them on iCloud?

This iCloud just doesn't seem right for me.

What do I do?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

iCloud doesn't back up your iPhoto library, it keeps your Photo Stream in sync. 1000 on iOS devices, the last 30 days worth on iCloud servers and all of them on your PC.

3. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

As Chundles stated, the photos don't sync all of them, just specific. As far as iTunes Match goes, it can still be useful for you. Even though the iTS doesn't have those tracks, it will still upload your copies, with album art and metadata, and then allow you to download them from any iOS 5 or iTunes 10.5 device.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

Take another gander at http://www.apple.com/icloud

On the "iTunes in the Cloud" section, it says "All you have to upload is what iTunes can’t match.".

On the "Photo Stream" section, it says "Since your computer has more storage than your iOS device, it automatically keeps all the photos you take on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch."

5. Bigtree thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! I appreciate your time. You answered my questions.

BTW... When is a good time to buy iTunes Match?

6. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

When it is released.