15" 2.4GHz MBP SR + Boot Camp 1.3 + Nvidia 8600M GT

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Darkwax, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Darkwax macrumors newbie

Has any one has gotten the 8600M GT to work on boot camp with Vista 64bit? I can't manage to find a driver that will work. When I go to my video card properties it tells me that I have a 14 meg card. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

2. iDive macrumors member

I saw somewhere in the BootCamp manual that you should install the 32 bit version of Vista, that's what I am doing, does the 64bit version work too?

3. chem macrumors regular

This reminds me of a thread I started on fedoraforum.org, asking if anyone got Fedora 7 running on the new SR MBP. Nothing. Nobody.

In all fairness though, Vista 64-bit probably isn't used that much on a MBP. Unless you have an actual, real life need for 64-bit computing, you may want to try a 32-bit Windows install. It'll be just as fast, if not faster, for basically everything.

4. Darkwax thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I should try the 32-bit version. Has anyone gotten everything to work with the 32 bit version of Vista (iSight, wireless, IR, etc..)?

5. emex macrumors newbie

Yeah, I've gotten iSight, Backlighting, Audio, Nvidia, everything essential to work.

Dunno about the remote tho...