15" 2016 screen is pink... and many other glitches

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ZestyOne, Nov 16, 2016.

1. ZestyOne macrumors member

ZestyOne

I have noticed a large handful of new bugs. Is anyone else experiencing these?

- My entire screen is very pink hue, as if f.lux is on. I thought it might be just the 'way it is', but I recall working last night just randomly, and the screen flashed from white to pink. This leads me to believe it's actually flopping back and forth (although 90% pink), and the one time it was actually working I didn't notice... but I did notice when it broke again. I reset PRAM and no dice.

- When the computer turns on, the keyboard light is always off. That means every time i sit down I need to expand the touch bar.. then turn on keyboard light. It doesn't just stay on... (turn keyboard backlight off is unchecked in settings)

- The login screen is so glitchy I can't use it half the time. When the animation occurs to show which user, it gets really choppy like I have 32MB of RAM. How is this even acceptable? On top of that, the password box will glitch out about 50% of the time and I can't even type my password in the box (the mouse moves but it won't focus the input). I have to restart to solve the input problem.

- Does anyone with butterfly key experience know if they will wear in over time and get quieter?

2. GalaDaliGirl macrumors regular

GalaDaliGirl

3. Ma2k5 macrumors 6502a

Ma2k5

I heard some of your issues in another thread today - might be software related, or dGPU related.

4. ZestyOne thread starter macrumors member

ZestyOne

Which issue? I tried searching but I couldn't find much.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

that is not actually a glitch. The rMB does that too and is over a year old.

6. ZestyOne thread starter macrumors member

ZestyOne

Hmm... I don't recall ever having to do that. I had 2015 15" rMBP.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

sorry, the new 12" rMB with the new keyboards. It seems like that is a feature of the new backlight system, and it does not become activated until you are actually logged into a user.