15.4" 2.4 or 17" 2.33 MBP's

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by maccad, Oct 18, 2007.

1. maccad macrumors newbie

Both the 15.4" 2.4 and 17" 2.33 (older model) MBP's are going for the same price on Apple's refurb store.

I like the 17" screen-estate but cannot help to think that the 2.4 SR has much more benefit in the long run.

What do you think?

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Go for the 17". You won't notice a difference between the two speed wise. Unless you want a full 4 Gbs of RAM and 70 Mhz more processing power (insignificant), just get the 17".

3. Maclover129 macrumors newbie

What are your needs?

It really depend what you need the notebook for? Do you need the notebook for mobility or do you need it to be a home notebook. I do believe that the 2.4ghz 15" will be better in the long run, but not significantly. The difference in ghz between the two processors is 0.7 ghz? So the choice is up to you really. Ask yourself the question about what you need the notebook for and then tell me in the thread. Personally, I'm going for my first mac, when leopard arrives, and I'm going for the 2.16ghz macbook not the 2.0 ghz macbook as I like a bigger processor for speed.:D

4. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

Get the 17". The added screen real estate is better for your productivity and eyes (and resale) in the long run than the little bump in speed.

5. glennsan macrumors regular

I agree! Unless you need to be portable very often the 17in is the one I would personally go for.

Glennsan