15.4 in. MBP Case

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by future macnerd, Aug 18, 2007.

1. future macnerd macrumors member

Hi I just got my MBP it's the 15.4 inch model and I was just wondering what case to buy/what brands are good/where to get it. I'm looking for something small probably an over the shoulder sling but I want to be able to fit a mouse, flash drive, small hard drive, and some cd's in it (list is not exact might carry more might carry less not quite sure yet) and I'm a highschool student so if it could be relatively cheap (roughly $0- $200) that would be great. Sorry about all the specifics but thats what I want. HELP IS EXTREMELY APPRECIATED!!! thanks, :D.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I have this Targus case, its nice and can hold all the items that you specify. Its not really heavy like some of the other cases I've had and its held up extremely well over the 1 and a half years that I've had it so far, great buy for $25.

3. future macnerd thread starter macrumors member

How hard have you been using the case because like I said I'm a highschool student so I will try to take good care of it but rushing between classes I might have to just shove it in. Also how much protection does it offer because I will probably bump it on desks/people occasionally.

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'm also a high school student and those are the experiences that I have had with the case. It also protects the notebook pretty well, so that helps when you have to rush to classes.

5. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

I really would recommend a two-strap backpack. Much better for your back and looks a lot less like a computer case, so you're less likely to attract attention.

Thats what I figured anyway.

6. maccanuck2006 macrumors member

Oakley makes great bags. The bag that I have protects my MBP very well and they all look good IMHO.
    This one might fit the bill for you.
    http://oakley.com/pd/3110

7. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7