15.4 MacBook Pro Screen Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nyzwerewolf, Nov 9, 2008.

1. nyzwerewolf macrumors regular

Hello all,

I have a MacBook Pro 15.4 (not the brand new one, but the version before that), and every time I open up the screen/lid, half of the screen turns grey. I have attached 2 pictures of how it looks. I got the machine in June 2007, I also have the Apple Care.

EDIT: im sorry. i did not mention how i get it to go away. I have to tap on the side of the screen or move the screen back and forth for that grey thing to go away, then it works fine. but then it does the same thing once I wake up the machine..

Here are the pictures. (sorry, not very clear, used my fone)

This is the login panel
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

This used to happen once in while may be a month ago. Now it is everytime i open up the lid and wake the laptop from sleep. What the hell is going on? Any idea?

2. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

You've got applecare?

You may want to call 800 MY APPLE and ask the techs what's going on with it if you have applecare.

3. nyzwerewolf thread starter macrumors regular

aww man! I am going overseas next week. I don't want to give it for repair and then not get it back on time... so I was waiting until I am back. But, now this thing is getting so annoying..

btw: im sorry. i did not mention how i get it to go away. I have to tap on the side of the screen or move the screen back and forth for that grey thing to go away, then it works fine. but then it does the same thing once I wake up the machine..