15.4" MBP Hi-Res Screen??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spmiz12, Nov 23, 2010.

1. spmiz12 macrumors regular

Is the Hi-Res screen worth the upgrade?? Does it drain battery more?? What applications is that more benefical for??

2. Muscle macrumors regular

IMO its worth the upgrade at its price. I opt'd for the regular glossy version, prefer the black border.

Can't say about battery life, didn't have a regular one to benchmark it to, but I doubt it will be a noticeable difference.

3. koolrosh macrumors newbie

koolrosh

i had the same question before I bought my mbp and IMO the cost difference isnt that much when you're buying a nearly 2K laptop, so I just went for it, and I have to say this is one damn good screen

4. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

So wait. . .

If I wanted the Hi-Res Glossy screen, It won't come with the black frame?

5. Muscle macrumors regular

Glossy comes with black frame
    Matte comes with silver frame

6. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

I'm just confused a little. I thought only the Anti-Glare has the Silver bezel and the glossy had the Black.

So if I wanted a glossy Hi-Res screen I don't see why that would be a problem, with a black bezel.

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

i believe there is 3 options. Just look at the buy now section

# MacBook Pro 15-inch Glossy Widescreen Display
    # MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Glossy Widescreen Display [Add $100.00]
    # MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display [Add $150.00]

8. Daelos macrumors member

My hi-res antiglare arrived today and have to say, it's definately worth the upgrade. do alot of work in the adobe creative suite and the extra space is always welcome for palettes etc. working across the new one and an old 2007 mbp at the moment and the menu bar looks huge now on the regular screen!

Though, having said that, i also only has the option of an anti-glare model - can't stand those glossy screens; i like my laptops portable and the reflections just don't cut it. only have to walk into the covent garden store when its getting dark and they have their overhead lights on and look at ag next to a glossy to realise just how shiny they really are. though each to their own.

9. Muscle macrumors regular

you are correct. Glossy screen both hi-res and regular comes with the black frame. The Antiglare (aka Matte) screen comes with the silver bezel. I'm sorry if I confused you but I think i was pretty clear in my previous posts :confused:

10. Blu101 macrumors 6502a

Blu101

No regrets here - the resolution kicks a-s-s, go for it !

11. Reelknead1 macrumors 6502

I concur with the above. Mine is great and when going back to the old 1440x900 everything looks huge. You won't regret it.