15.4 MBP lid not flush

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shabbis, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Shabbis macrumors regular

I noticed that the lid on my new MBP 15.4, when closed, isn't completely flush across the entire casing. You can push down one side of the lid and the other side pops up higher centering on the latches, basically being able to rock it back and forth a little. Could the aluminum be warped back a little, making the top part not close flush to the bottom part?

I went to an apple store and looked at about five other 15.4s and they all had this similar issue, some more than others. The two 17s I looks at didn't have this issue, they were completely flush across the entire casing. My old 12 PB G4 didn't have this issue either.

Anyone else notice this? I would say that mine is "within spec" if the other 15.4s had this as well (probably what the genius would say as well). Besides this small annoyance, everything else is perfect. No wire buzzing sound and no yellow screen, so I am not sure I want to risk taking it back and getting another one.

2. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

You probably could warp it a little bit, but is it really causing a problem?

Mine doesn't meet completely flush, but its hardly enough for me to complain about.

3. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

It is uncommon to have a flush MBP lid. As long as the lid latches and stays latched, I don't see a problem with a little gap.

4. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

mine is not flush either, but then again it matters not to me. bend it back